Friday 29 March 2013

After Effects Pixel Matrix

For the projects background, I wanted to try and recreate a pixel matrix that are used on a lot of the time when broadcasting from a television studio
As the track is very repetitive, I wanted this to be reflected with a simple repeating pattern in the background. 
I started by making a composition that was 140x80 pixels which will hold all my shape animations. I then embedded a scaled version of this inside a larger composition over which I used a line array to create an 'outline' for each of the pixels. 
Rather than keyframe all the shaped to move with the music, I used the keyframe assistant within after effects  to convert the waveform to usable values. Then using the code and pickwhip tools I attached this drive the scale and intensity values on the shape layers. This sequence was then rendered out and import into my Nuke composition.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment