Monday 25 March 2013

Nuke Keying + Compositing

Having spent a day or too getting used to the nuke interface...I am NEVER comping in AfterEffects again. The plan is to get the hula hoop and dancer comped together then do a Sound control pixel matrix in the background. I started the pipeline by trying out different keyers to see which worked best with the footage. I found, for the majority of shots, keylight worked the best, although i am still not completely happy with the results in places. This may be a case for roto work later on.
I then garbaged out and rescaled to frame the dancer.
After rendering out the maya animation I imported it and merged two copys onto the main pipeline. This allowed me to rotoscope parts of the hoop to appear in front of the dancer to give the illusion of depth. (I'm sure there is an easier way to do this using z depth but i couldn't find it.)
I then added a light wrap effect to give a tint from the background as it will be a light desplay and will therefore act as a backlight.

I'm now going to hop over to after effects to do some motion graphics for the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment